Work Permits

International workers must have a valid work permit to work in Newfoundland and Labrador. The federal department of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is responsible for issuing work permits. If you do not have a work permit, or your work permit has expired (or is about to expire), and you intend to work or continue working in the province while awaiting processing of your Provincial Nominee application, you are responsible to apply for a work permit from IRCC.

NOTE: Work permits that are submitted with the PNP application must have duration of six months remaining prior to expiry date. Current IRCC work permit processing times are found here External Link.