The Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program
The Office of Immigration and Multiculturalism has relocated to the Confederation Building, West Block.
As of June 9, 2014 our address is:
Office of Immigration and Multiculturalism
Confederation Building, West Block, Basement
100 Prince Phillip Drive
P.O. Box 8700
St. John's, NL, A1B 4J6
The Main Entrance of the Office is located at the back of the West Block Building in the first parking lot on the right of the West Block, off Allandale Road (please follow the signage).
- Moratorium on the Food Services Sector's access to the Temporary Foreign Worker Program- You can find answers to common questions about the moratorium at Employment and Social Development Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program page
- Effective July 1, 2013, individuals employed in NOC codes C and D are required to submit with their NLPNP application, test results demonstrating proficiency in English or French. Further information on language requirements can be found here http://www.nlpnp.ca/language.html. Applications received without test results will be returned.
- Effective April 1, 2013, the International Graduate Retention Incentive Program will no longer be accepting applications.
Immigrating to Newfoundland and Labrador
The Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP) can provide an alternate and quicker entry into Canada. It allows Newfoundland and Labrador to nominate applicants who qualify under provincially established criteria for Permanent Resident Status. The NLPNP offers:
- A quicker immigration process for qualified skilled workers, international graduates and their families who wish to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Assistance from provincial program officers who are available to explain the program requirements and processes.